Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Sale!

Wow! So am I excited or what? I had my very first sale today! Unfortunately, it was outside of my Etsy shop, so I don't get to count it as a sale on Etsy or get feedback. Sad day. But the transaction went very smoothly. The lady was extremely nice and friendly, which made it a pleasant experience. I sure can't wait for another sale.
Also of note -I have another new item in my store. Feel free to check it out. It's a handmade baby shower game made with 1/2" wooden cubes, painted with acrylics. They come in cute little packages with an instruction card (embellished with a bow). I think they turned out rather well, don't you?
If you aren't already a member, come on by my Facebook group (Milk Maid Mama Nursing Covers) and check us out. I have a link to my store and pictures of my products. Woo hoo.
I have been doing all kinds of reading lately too -it seems like the resources on selling online and even helpful articles and forum threads to help new sellers on Etsy are ENDLESS....literally. In all my purusing I discovered that there is an Etsy application for Facebook too. Who would have thought? Seriously, Facebook has almost anything you can imagine these days.. haha. SO now I have photos of my items on my profile. It's neat because you can also feature items from your favorites, so maybe I will change it up. I've found a lot of great items from other Etsy sellers, so why not give them some publicity too?
And the last bit of news for today... my brother-in-law and sister-in-law finally picked a name for their new baby. His name is Daniel. Interesting that now I have 2 nephews named Daniel -one on each side of the family -who are only about 15 months apart. And of all 8 nephews 4 start with C and 2 are Daniel -talk about confusing.
Ok, here's me signing off.

No comments: